Responsible for data processing is the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn
Contact data processing officer:
For statistical purposes and to improve our service, this website uses technology provided by the company Matomo, which evaluates and then deletes data. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties.The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
- Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
Temporary session cookies are used each time you view an individual page, to make navigation easier. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in your browser cache. Session cookies do not include any personal data and expire at the end of each session, or after the completion of a user survey, which is conducted as a rule every two years.
We do not use methods such as Java applets or ActiveX controls that make it possible to track your browsing behaviour.
The procession of data will be conducted according to Art. 6 (1) (f) EU-GDPR for the purposes of the legitimate interests of website analytics to improve the website.
You may at any time lodge an objection to the storage of your anonymously collected visitor data, so that these will no longer be collected in future. Please click on the link at the bottom of this page to be excluded from counting.
Information on your objection
In order for your anonymously collected data not to be stored, a cookie will be placed on your device. For the objection to be effective the cookie has to be placed on each device and in each internet browser you use (e.g. Internet-Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox). Please note that the cookie will be deleted if you choose to delete all cookies on your browser. In this case the cookie has to be renewed.
- Session Cookies: These cookies are used for website analytics (see above). Session cookies do not include any personal data and expire at the end of each session, or after the completion of a user survey, which is conducted as a rule every two years
Transmission of personal data
- Data are not passed on to third parties.
- As a general principle, data will not be transmitted to third states
Duration of data storage
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- they are no longer needed for contractual purposes (e.g. for employment, top-ups, rental, sale or service contracts)
- when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation
- when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired.
The rights of the data subject
You are entitled to:
- object data processing,
- enquire about your personal data and its processing
- have your personal data corrected or to request restriction of processing or the erasure of the data
The data will then be erased.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the GIZ data protection officer (see contact information provided above). You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The responsible authority in this case is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
Web analytics opt-out feature
Below, visitors can “opt-out” being tracked by the Piwik server. By default, all of the website visitors are tracked, but if you opt-out by clicking on the iframe link, a cookie ‘piwik_ignore’ will be set. All visitors with a piwik_ignore cookie will not be tracked.
How to contact us